This is an infrared thermometer designed for non-contact temperature sensing. An internal 17-bit ADC and a powerful DSP contribute to the MLX90614’s high accuracy and resolution. It has a huge number of applications including body temperature measurment and movement detection. The sensor has a field of view of 90 degrees and returns the average temperature value of all objects within this field of view. It has a range of around 1cm.
Being very popular module, numerous tutorials, guides and sample codes are available on the internet which will help you get started with this sensor. The breakout board offers a plug and play with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, NodeMCU, ESP8266, and other boards.
- High precision non-contact temperature measurements
- Thermal Comfort sensor for Mobile Air Conditioning control system
- The temperature sensing element for residential, commercial and industrial building air conditioning Windshield defogging
- The automotive blind angle detection
- Industrial temperature control of moving parts
- Temperature control in printers and copiers
- Home appliances with temperature control
- Livestock monitoring
- Movement detection
- Multiple zone temperature control – up to 127 sensors can be read via common 2 wires
- Thermal relay/alert
- Body temperature measurement
- Works from 3.3V to 5V input, Module has power regulator IC built-in.
- Standard I2C interface with built 2x pull up resistors
- When measuring the temperature, please maintain a measuring distance of 1 cm
- Small size, low cost
- Easy to integrate
- Factory calibrated in a wide temperature range: -40 to 125 °C for sensor temperature and -70 to 380 °C for object temperature.
- High accuracy of 0.5°C over the wide temperature range (0..+50 C for both Ta and To)
- Medical accuracy of 0.1°C in a limited temperature range available on request
- The measurement resolution of 0.01°C
- SMBus compatible digital interface for fast temperature readings and building sensor networks
- Customizable PWM output for continuous reading
- Simple adaptation for 8 to 16V applications
1 x MLX90614-ESF GY-906 Non-Contact Human Body Infrared Temperature Measurement Module