The HLW8012 is a single phase energy meter IC from HLW techonology. HLM8012 provides RMS current, RMS voltage sampling and RMS active power with an internal clock and a PWM interface in a SOP-8 package.
Description of HLW8012 Module
- Based on HLW8012, single phase energy monitor IC. SOP8 package and simple perpherial circuits. HLW8012 is the backbone of the pressure measurement. And the circuit has an internal ADC circuit.
- Need to invasive to AC main power. VBe very careful when use it because of the HIGH AC voltage.
- Rate current is 20 ampere
- The module uses voltage divider to measure voltage. High accuracy. And use a resistor for measuring current.
- Use pulse width communication. Compatible with all microcontrollers.
- Output power, or current or voltage directly by frequency, which can be read by MCU like arduino.